If Death Occurs At Home
- Telephone the doctor who will visit to confirm that death has taken place.
- Contact a funeral director.
- Arrange to collect the doctor's Medical Certificate of Death (usually from the surgery).
- Contact the local Registrar’s Office, the telephone number is normally left with the death certificate.
- The Registrar will normally issue a Green coloured certificate for you to give to your funeral director who will look after necessary arrangements for the funeral. The Registrar will also issue a white notification certificate for the DSS. They will also enquire as to the number of Certified Copies you require for dealing with the deceased finances (a fee is payable for each copy).
If The Death Occurs In Hospital
- Contact a funeral director to inform him his services are required.
- Collect the certificate from the hospital then follow 4 - 5 as above
Note For Cremation
Your funeral director will usually liaise directly with the surgery regarding the additional certification required.